Applications for the 2019-2020 positions are closed. Applications for the 2020-2021 positions will open in November 2019.
Are you a leader? Do you want to get paid, have fun, meet new people, and build your resume? If so, the Office of Admissions offers a leadership opportunity that could be perfect for you! We are looking for energetic students to be Transition Mentors. Applications will open on Tuesday, January 16th, and are due on Wednesday, January 31st, at 4:30 p.m.
TELL ME MORE
Transition Mentors serve as a member of the Office of Admissions staff to facilitate and implement transition programs, such as Griffon Orientation, Griffon Edge, and Showcase Days, in order to involve and engage Missouri Western State University students, faculty, staff, and the Saint Joseph community. Transition Mentors will work with campus departments, businesses, and other organizations to provide an opportunity for new members of the campus community to transition in a safe and positive environment.
BECOME A LEADER:
STEP 1 – Attend an Informational Session
If you are interested in becoming a Transition Mentor, you must first attend one of our information sessions (required). Applicants must then create a Handshake account. After your account is created, you will be able to see all of the University job postings, including Transition Mentor positions.
- Monday, Jan. 22nd | Spratt 109 @ 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 23rd | Spratt 109 @ 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 24th | Spratt 109 @ 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 25th | Spratt 109 @ 5:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 26th | Spratt 109 @ 4:00 p.m.
- Monday, Jan. 29th | Spratt 109 @ 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 30th | Spratt 109 @ 5:30 p.m.
- Transition Mentor applicants must have attended one (1) full semester at Missouri Western State University (minimum 12 credit hours) and be a degree seeking student.
- Graduate student applicants must have completed at least six graduate credit hours at Missouri Western State University at time of application.
- Transition Mentors must have at least a minimum of a 2.25 overall cumulative grade point average at the time of application and throughout their time on staff.
- Transition Mentors must understand and support the goals of the Office of Admissions Transition programs.
- No student may apply for or hold a Transition Mentor position while on academic or disciplinary probation.
- Applicants for the Transition Mentor position must submit a completed application online and submit a resume to Handshake
- Applicants must schedule an appointment online for a group and individual interview upon submission of their application
STEP 2 – Apply
In order to apply to become a Transition Mentor, you must complete this online application and submit your resume on Handshake. Once you complete the application and submit your resume, sign up for an Individual interview and a Group interview.
- Attend an information session
- Download the Handshake setup guide
- Create a Handshake account
- Submit a resume to Handshake; wait for approval
- Set up a Handshake username and password
- Complete an online application.
- Sign up for an Individual interview and Group interview.