We are excited you have chosen to be part of an outstanding tradition at Missouri Western! Griffon Edge has become one of the most popular classes at the University.
2019 Schedule (August 22-25, 2019) is being finalized. Check back soon!
2018 GRIFFON EDGE SCHEDULE:
August 22, 2018 | 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Optional night event)
August 23, 2018 | 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Mandatory)
5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Optional night event)
August 24, 2018 | 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Mandatory)
7:00 p.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Optional night event)
August 25, 2018 | 9:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. (Optional night event)
August 26, 2018 | 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Mandatory)
WHAT IS GRIFFON EDGE?
It’s a unique extended orientation course designed to give incoming freshmen and transfer students a head start, or an “edge,” on their Missouri Western experience. The program introduces students to:
- Missouri Western facilities
- Academic Expectations
DURING THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- Learn “Missouri Western Values” and what it means to be a part of the Class of Courage
- Familiarize yourself with the campus and buildings
- Be taught how to use campus email, Goldlink, and Canvas Learning Systems
- Participate in educational sessions and social activities
- Meet with representatives of departments and organizations
- Learn about the services and programs Missouri Western provides
- Increase your success in achieving your academic goals
- Create a social network that will support you during your transition to Missouri Western