Griffon Edge - Getting Started
We are excited you have chosen to be part of an outstanding tradition at Missouri Western! Griffon Edge has become one of the most popular classes at the University.
GRIFFON EDGE SCHEDULE:
August 24 | 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
(Optional night events: 5:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.)
August 25 | 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
(Optional night events: 6:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.)
August 26 | 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
(All events optional)
August 27 | 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
(Optional morning events: TBD – 1:30 p.m.)
WHAT IS GRIFFON EDGE?
It’s a unique orientation course designed to give incoming freshmen and transfer students a head start with their college experience. The program introduces students to:
- Missouri Western facilities
- Academic Expectations
AT THE END OF THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- Understand and practice “Missouri Western Values”
- Familiarize yourself with the campus and buildings
- Be able to use campus email, Goldlink, Moodle Learning Systems
- Participate in educational sessions and social activities
- Meet with representatives of departments and organizations
- Learn about the services and programs Missouri Western provides
- Increase your success in achieving your academic goals