What to Expect
You’ll receive the full schedule of events upon arrival at Griffon Edge. In the meantime, mark your calendars for August 25th – 28th and plan for four days of fun with your Griffon Family. Here is a sneak peak at what you can look forward to!
Thursday, August 25th:
- Check in at Looney Arena at 9:00 a.m.
- Meet your color team and fire up your Griffon spirit at the Welcome Rally
- Talk about success in the classroom with faculty from your academic area
- Meet tons of other new students at Playfair
- Participate in New Student Convocation, a ceremony to officially welcome the Class of Enthusiasm
- Hop on the MWSU-provided buses to Griff Up Downtown for free food, music, games, and the first chance to celebrate with your Griffon family
Friday, August 26th:
- Start the day in your color team room at 9:00 a.m.
- Experience Griffon 360 rooms and choose what you want to learn more about from intramurals to stress management and much, much more
- Reflect on what you want out of your college experience and set meaningful goals for your time as a Griffon
- In the evening, join us for our annual movie on the Spratt Stadium field
Saturday, August 27th:
- Complete a Schedule Crawl tour with one of our mentors to find out where each of your classes are located
- Take advantage of open offices to finish last minute tasks
- Join us for Griffon Glow, a UV-paint filled evening of fun
Sunday, August 28th:
- Meet one final time with your color team and hear the official Color Team Competition winner announcement
- Listen to the Class of Enthusiasm keynote speaker
- Celebrate the start of the schoolyear with free food, games, and an end of night firework display you will not want to miss.
Griffon Edge is a class with academic credit, because of this attendance is required for a portion of the events. Incoming freshmen should plan to be busy from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Thursday and Friday August 25th and 26th, as well during the evening of Sunday August 28th. Attendance at events during those times will impact a student’s grade.