Earn your degree in 4 years
Did you know the average student takes 5-6 years to complete an undergraduate degree? At Missouri Western, we want to help you achieve your dreams sooner than that. It’s why we have developed the Finish in 4 program – to help you complete your degree on time.
120 hours/4 years = 30 hours/year = 15 hours/semester
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Designed to help students graduate in four years, first-year students:
Meet with your advisor to discuss Finish in 4 or email email@example.com or stop by Eder Hall 209 to visit with an advisor.
When you decide to Finish in 4, you get:
- A clear four-year plan that serves as a roadmap to success
- Special recognition at graduation (pin, designation in program, etc.)
- Reduced costs/debt load
- Begin career or graduate/professional program earlier
It usually comes down to lack of planning, taking too few credit hours or not completing the right credit hours. The Finish in 4 program helps you and your advisor map a plan for successful completion of your degree in four years.
When you complete your degree in four years, you save time, save money and get a head start on your career. Plus statistics show that students who Finish in 4 earn better grades.
Students graduating in four years instead of six can save over $20,000 in college-related expenses (tuition and living expenses). If you borrow over four years instead of six, you will have less debt. This also means lower monthly tuition loan payments.
First-time freshmen who meet college-level readiness standards in reading, writing and math through ACT/SAT scores or placement tests are eligible. Participants must also:
- Identify a major during the first semester of attendance
- Sign up for Finish in 4 during Griffon Orientation (GO) or any time prior to the start of their first semester
- Meet all the requirements of the Finish in 4 program
Continuing or returning students who qualify at a later date can submit a request to the Director of Student Success & Academic Advising Center to determine eligibility.