Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal
Students who are approaching the maximum timeframe should also appeal to determine if it is mathematically possible to complete degree requirements within the timeframe allowed by federal regulation.
For additional information, please refer to Missouri Western's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.
Examples of circumstances that may warrant an appeal include: lengthy hospitalization or illness; death of a parent, spouse or child at a critical time during the semester; lengthy illness of a child or spouse; or other mitigating circumstance.
Appeals MUST include the following documentation:
- A complete Statement in Support of Appeal (link below) which will include an explanation describing how extenuating circumstances resulted in your inability to maintain satisfactory academic progress.
IMPORTANT: If you were previously placed on an academic plan and have lost eligibility due to a violation of that plan, you should address the circumstances that resulted in your inability to abide by the conditions of the established plan.
- An explanation of what has changed that will allow you to maintain satisfactory academic progress at the next evaluation.
- Sufficient documented evidence that the extenuating circumstance clearly caused you to fall below the required standards or exceed the maximum timeframe.
- A statement of your educational goals (intended major/minor).
- A copy of your MWSU unofficial transcript (available on Goldlink).
Examples of documentation supporting the extenuating circumstance include: medical documentation; notice of death; accident reports; court documentation; or other relevant documentation.
Missouri Western State University
Financial Aid Office
Eder Hall, Room 103
4525 Downs Drive, St. Joseph, Mo 64507
Fax: (816) 271-5879
WARNING: This process does not allow you to access your appeal information once it is submitted. It is recommended that you complete your appeal in Microsoft Word (or similar program) and then copy/paste your statement of appeal into the online form. Once you have submitted your appeal, you will be required to print and sign the document.
|Term Effective||Appeal Deadline||Committee Review Date|
|Spring 2015 Semester - Final Deadline||January 5, 2015 by 4:30 p.m.||January 8, 2015|