About the Bio-Manufacturing Program
The Bio-Manufacturing Option in the B.S. MET program is created to meet the ever-growing demand of highly-educated workforce by the bio-production and research companies in the animal health corridor. Students in the program will acquire interdisciplinary knowledge in Organic Chemistry, Microbiology, Thermodynamics, and other Manufacturing subjects. B.S. degree graduates in Bio-Manufacturing qualify for jobs related to bio-production, packaging, maintenance, design, and lab scale-up work.
Program Educational Goals:
Bio-Manufacturing Option in BS MET
The Bio-Manufacturing Option prepares students to:
- possess basic knowledge in organic chemistry, cell biology and microbiology
- familiarize with GMP, as well as governmental regulations related with bio-production.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze, design, and implement electronic systems in
one or more of the areas related to control systems, instrumentation systems,
communications systems, computer systems, or power systems.
- Function effectively in a group environment in the industrial workplace through demonstration of technical and communication skills.
- Understand professional, ethical, and social responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement