A passing score on the math placement test can be used as an alternate qualifier for MAT112 Finite Mathematics, MAT116 College Algebra, MAT119 Trigonometry or CHE111 General Chemistry.
STEP 1: Registering for the exam
Students must register for the math placement, register here.
STEP 2: Scheduling the exam
If your teacher has scheduled a placement exam at your high school:
- No further action is necessary to take the exam.
If you are taking the placement exam on the Missouri Western campus:
- Go to the following website to request for your exam appointment: https://www.missouriwestern.edu/csmp/mathplacementappointment/
- When you are requesting your appointment, you will be asked to enter a G number. Instead of a G number, enter the username that was emailed to you when you registered for the exam.
- You will also be asked to enter your Missouri Western email address. Delete the automatically filled “@missouriwestern.edu” and enter your personal email address. An appointment confirmation will be sent to you at the email address you provide.
STEP 3: Obtaining your exam results
**Due to FERPA restrictions, your test results will be sent to the high school teacher who will be teaching your dual credit course. You may obtain your exam results from your teacher.**
If you are qualifying for a dual credit/dual enrollment course taught on the Missouri Western campus, please contact Tricia Fuhr at email@example.com or (816) 271-4410 to obtain your results.
Additional information for all dual credit/dual enrollment students:
- You may access the pre-exam resources and the sample placement exam at http://placement.missouriwestern.edu/Resources.html
- You may complete the practice exam multiple times
- You may view instructional videos, complete electronic sample problems or worksheet problems for any of the 12 topics that you feel you need to work on. Just click on the topic, then the help page, and you will see all resources for that topic.
- NOTE: It may require up to 24 hours after registration to gain access to the resources and practice test and/or take the exam.
- You may complete the math placement exam multiple times; however, you cannot take the exam more than 1 time per week.
Please be sure to bring your login and password when you take the exam.
If you have any questions concerning this process, please contact the Western Institute at (816) 271-4100.