Students seeking to be admitted to the Master of Applied Arts in Digital Media program must complete the following, in addition to university requirements for graduate studies admission:
- Curriculum Vitae/ resume.
- Personal interview with a faculty.
- Three letters of reference, each from a suitably qualified person and including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
- Letter of intent that addresses explicitly each of these three points:
- Summarize the skills, experiences, and competencies you can bring to the program.
- Provide a statement that details
- your creative vision and
- your creative process.
- What do you hope to get from the Master of Applied Arts in Digital Media program? What can you contribute to the program?
- Applicants are expected to show the level of artistic ability required for their undergraduate degree programs, and demonstrate previous experience with interdisciplinary work and/or digital technologies.
- Portfolio that includes samples of previous written, visual and/or audio work, music composition. This may be digital or non-digital, but evidence of previous digital experience is helpful. The portfolio materials should emphasize the applicant’s skill in visual/aural communication – such as art exhibitions, Web design, graphic design, publication design, broadcast design, theatrical design, film/video, multimedia, original music/sound compositions. Applicants who are interested in sound are expected to submit materials that emphasize an audio/music component. Accompanying the portfolio should be a cover letter that introduces and explains the contents.
- Applicants who are non-native speakers of English must receive a minimum score of 500 paper test, 173 computer-based, or 79 internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a 6.0 academic IELTS score unless they possess a baccalaureate degree from a college or university in which instruction is given in English. Tests taken more than two (2) years prior to the date of application cannot be accepted. More information is available here.
Please send material to:
Dr. Bob Bergland
Digital Media Coordinator
Communication & Journalism
Murphy Hall, room 207
Missouri Western State University
4525 Downs Drive
St. Joseph, MO 64507