COURSE NAME: Foundations for University Mathematics
The objective of this course is to provide the student with the fundamentals of arithmetic and algebra, and the other mathematical skills necessary to succeed in College Algebra, Finite Mathematics or Contemporary Problem Solving. Assessment of a student’s knowledge and skill level in the following will determine the specific topics that a student will study.
- Arithmetic operations and properties of real numbers.
- Subtract, multiply and divide algebraic expressions.
- Properties of exponents of algebraic expressions.
- Linear equations and inequalities in a single variable.
- Factoring algebraic expressions.
- Solving quadratic equations by factoring.
- Graphing and manipulation of linear equations and inequalities in two variables.
- Graph linear equations and inequalities in two variables, and graph quadratic equations.
- Systems of linear equations in two variables.
- Utilization of function and interval notation.
- Logarithmic and exponential functions.