We create the images, materials and brand graphics that portray Missouri Western. We want all of our publications to accurately tell MWSU’s story of quality.
Some pieces we design:
- Admissions package
- Athletics schedule posters, schedule cards, programs
- Theatre posters, banners, signage, programs
- Missouri Western Magazine (3 issues a year)
- Missouri Western Foundation Annual Report
The design staff produces hundreds of publications yearly targeted for off-campus and on-campus audiences. Examples include multi-page brochures, newsletters, posters, t-shirts, and banners.
- We offer publication consultation, from design advice to getting bids for jobs, for members of the University community (for publications printed on- and off-campus and designed by us or by a University department)
- We offer full design services, from one-color to full-color publications
- We coordinate photography for events and/or publications
- We house official Missouri Western logos, coordinate graphic identity standards, and assist you in implementing Missouri Western’s identity into your print communications.
Procedures for Design
We always make every attempt to accommodate each request and often we can produce work quicker as time allows. Keep in mind though, that Campus Printing has many customers and a large volume of work. All of our customers are important to us, and if we have to put projects on hold to meet deadlines for poorly planned jobs, it affects everyone.
Before CPDS can start on a design for your project you need to answer the following questions. These questions help determine if you’re best served with a postcard or a brochure, a booklet or a newsletter; if its one-color, two-color or full-color; and paper and size specifications
Allow sufficient time for the publication process. Generally, you should allow two weeks for design and production of completed manuscript text and two weeks for printing. Large publications require more time; simple ones may be done in less time. Take into account the CPDS’s holiday downtime and busy periods (summer, semester start).
As soon as you have a publication in mind, call to make an appointment with a member of the design staff or email a request. Provide general answers to the above questions, text in electronic format, any photos you have, possible samples of publications you like, and anything else that will help the process. We can help provide you with a timeline and cost estimates before we start on your project.
CPDS DOES NOT generate the text, or edit or proof text. The Office of Public Relations & Marketing (x5651) can assist in that area if you’d like. However, if you choose to write the copy, PR&M should be contacted to proof to ensure a consistent style is used in University publications. All text should be in its final form (have EVERYONE proof it several times before it comes to us), so the proofing from CPDS only entails minor changes. Have your text in final form on CD/thumb drive/email etc. before CPDS does any design. Keep in mind, the more changes you request (that are not CPDS errors), the more charges you will incur.
- Once your design request is submitted, we will mock up ideas for you to proof, and provide price estimates (if required). We will make any changes requested and provide you with other proofs until such time that you are satisfied with the content and design. You will be required to approve the final proof, and thereafter CPDS is not responsible for any typographical or production errors that might result in the finished piece.
- Changes you request (that are not CPDS errors), will be charged accordingly. Changes made late in the process or changes that affect the design can delay your project and create additional costs to you. Generally, the later or more extensive the change, the more expensive the change. This is where your planning before the project comes to us is key.
2017-2018 Job Level Charges
Level 1 – $3-15 Performing minor changes to existing publications; creation of simple projects
(minimal text and/or graphics)
Design Examples (not limited to): creation of simple ads, postcards, programs, flyers, web graphics, billboards, simple forms
Level 2 – $15-30 Development of more complex design (increased text and/or graphics)
Design Examples (not limited to): Posters, trifold brochures, newsletters, more extensive forms, fillable forms
Level 3 – $30+ Development of multiple-page publications and projects requiring substantial time,
effort and resources
Design Examples (not limited to): Graphic intensive items, Newspaper/magazine ads, posters, booklets, displays, complex forms and documents
Your design charge will include 1 Digital proof. Each additional proof is $5. Extensive changes during proofing will increase job up a level. Printed proofs will be charged as copies.
These charges include creating concepts, designing, and producing digital files/art for printing.
Photo Search – $20 per hour/minimum of $10
Photo color correction – $5 each
Requested Stock images – $5 each
Rush Charge A rush charge may be incurred when the project production and delivery is required in a very short turnaround. A fee of 50% of the job level charge will be applied. See chart above for sample schedules for jobs. We will do our best to accommodate your needs, and will notify you before a rush charge is incurred.