In addition to current facility policies and procedures, the following policies will be implemented in order to cope with the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Baker Family Fitness Center (BFFC)
- Operating Hours:
- Monday through Friday, 5:30AM – 10:00PM
- Saturday & Sunday, 10:00AM – 5:00PM
- Check-In’s: Patrons will show the photo on their ID to the student employee to confirm card ownership. Once confirmed and the student employees have the system ready, patrons will then swipe their ID’s to enter the facility. Should equipment be needed in the facility, cards may either be swiped again or the patron may verbally give their G# to the student employee checking out the piece of equipment.
- Guests not permitted.
- Student employees will no longer handle ID cards.
- Patrons no longer have to swipe to exit the facility.
- Masks: The CDC recommends wearing “cloth face coverings” (masks) in public settings where other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain. Proper mask wearing will be required for all patrons not actively engaged in exercise. Leniency will be granted for patrons while they are “in between sets”. However, if socialization is noticed without masks patrons will be asked to put them on. If non-compliant, patrons will be asked to leave.
- Proper mask wearing means that the mask is covering both the mouth and nose.
- Full-time staff will wear masks while moving around the facility.
- Full-time staff may remove masks while working in their office.
- Student employees will wear masks while on duty. Will be allowed to remove masks when eating/drinking.
- Locker Rooms: Locker rooms in the facility will be closed until further notice. Patrons are encouraged to arrive in workout attire, if possible. Should patrons need to store items, cubbies will be made available. The front restroom will remain open to patrons and staff.
- Cleaning Materials: Additional cleaning supplies will be placed throughout the facility.
- Additional hand sanitizer dispensers will be provided throughout the facility.
- Additional cleaning rags will be provided to aid in cleaning efficiency. Rags are to then be placed in laundry collection bins, so they can be laundered.
- Cleaning Regulations: Patrons are expected to clean each piece of equipment after they have completed their use of it. If non-compliant, patrons will be asked to leave.
- Student employees will increase their cleaning regimen during each hour of operations.
- Water Fountains: Water fountains will be closed for direct drinking usage. However, the water bottle dispensers will be available to patrons.
- Patrons are expected to bring their own water bottles.
- Patrons needing a bottle may purchase a bottle of water from the vending machine at the front of the building.
- Student employees will add water fountain cleaning to their cleaning regimens.
- Equipment: Some of the equipment will be roped off/closed to patrons in order to enforce social distancing. Patrons who ignore signs on machines and use them for their workouts will be asked to leave.
COVID-19 Positive Exposure Procedure
If a positive case is confirmed in a Recreation Services facility, the department will follow the campus protocols outlined on the MWSU COVID-19 website. Patrons can plan on the need for the facility to be cleaned by campus staff, and will be informed of the time that that may take.