Missouri Western State University is scheduled to continue in-person classes at regular capacity for the fall semester. As always, our goal is to provide quality academic experiences to our students, and our focus remains on educating Missouri Western students in a safe and healthy environment. The health, safety and well-being of our students, faculty, staff and visitors has guided every decision made by Missouri Western State University and will continue to do so.
We are closely monitoring the current COVID status in St. Joseph, Buchanan County, and the surrounding areas. However, as has often been the experience with COVID-19, conditions and/or information related to the virus continues to shift quickly, which, in turn, has required Missouri Western to respond with equal agility. With this in mind, please monitor University communications for the most recent COVID-19 campus updates.
- Face coverings are required in all public indoor spaces such as classrooms, hallways and meeting rooms, regardless of vaccination status.
- Exceptions to this policy are when individuals are eating, drinking or exercising, or when in an office or other private workspace without other people present.
- Masks are not required in outdoor spaces,
- The university will continue to provide BinaxNOW COVID-19 rapid result tests at no charge for Missouri Western students and employees who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. The tests are available through the Esry Health Center on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons by appointment only.
- Widespread vaccination remains our best hope for moving past the pandemic, and we strongly encourage members of our campus community to seek vaccination. COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective and free, and are available to anyone age 12 and over. To get vaccinated:
We thank you and your families for your patience as we work through the evolving details of our Fall 2021 reopening plan for Missouri Western students.