It’s our goal to make your conference, workshop, seminar, symposium or camp a great success!
The Office of Conferences and Special Programs understands that each event is unique, with specific needs. We design individualized service packages that articulate conference goals and objectives, create a comprehensive marketing plan and determine the best site for your event. In addition, we can assist with program accreditation and certification.
We organize every aspect of event planning including:
- Service needs assessment and financial planning
- Marketing and promotional materials development
- Catering, facility, and lodging arrangements
- Customized room set-ups
- Audio/visual presentations
- Entertainment, exhibitor, and speaker development
- Registration and continuing education units
- Transportation services
- Satellite downlinks
- Overall conference management
- Plus, the many other logistical duties related to planning successful events!
Missouri Western dining service offers full-service catering with an unlimited range of possibilities. Our experienced catering staff will carefully prepare menus to compliment your upcoming event. Whether you’re catering needs call for a reception, a refreshment break, luncheon, dinner or business meeting, our services can help you plan almost anything! We will be delighted to work with you personally in planning a custom menu.
We can establish a line of spending for pre-event expenses, which means your organization needs to provide no money, in most cases, until after the event. In addition, our computerized accounting system allows you and the conference coordinator to effectively manage the event budget.
Attractive brochures, flyers and other related materials are essential to effectively promote your event. Using the expertise of our graphic artist, we incorporate your program information into an effective marketing package.
Managing Your Event
A smoothly run event is key to a successful event. Our staff has refined event planning to an art, coordinating the hundreds of details involved in the administration of an event efficiently and with finesse. Your coordinator will oversee your conference from initial planning through conference wrap-up.
In addition to handling the financial close-out of your event, your conference coordinator will help you with post-conference analysis to set the course for your next event.
Additional Services for Your Event
Each conference, workshop and seminar carries its own special needs. In addition to services previously mentioned, we can also:
- Produce audio and video recordings of the presentations and proceedings
- Assemble and distribute proceedings, abstracts and conference materials
- Prepare overhead transparencies, slides, charts and posters
- Design and store computerized mailing lists and produce mailing labels
- Distribute publicity brochures to prospective participants
- Provide summaries of attendees workshop choices
- Store a computerized file of all attendees for future conference use
- Keep demographic information on all participants
- Arrange for reception and uplink of satellite teleconferences
- Coordinate theme parties, music and entertainment
- Organize recreational activities such as picnics, golf tournaments and fitness programs for participants, spouses and children
- Plan sightseeing and educational tour