Missouri Western’s In-State Tuition Program!
Undergraduate and graduate students who are US citizens from select counties in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska will be admitted to Missouri Western State University under the Griffon Rate and be eligible to pay the equivalent of in-state tuition.
- Counties in Illinois include Adams, Alexander, Calhoun, Hancock, Jackson, Jersey, Madison, Monroe, Pike, Randolph, St. Clair and Union.
- Counties in Iowa include Appanoose, Davis, Decatur, Fremont, Lee, Mills, Montgomery, Page, Pottawattamie, Ringgold, Taylor, Van Buren and Wayne.
- Counties in Kansas include Atchison, Bourbon, Brown, Cherokee, Crawford, Doniphan, Douglas, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Leavenworth, Linn, Miami, Nemaha, Shawnee and Wyandotte.
- Counties in Nebraska include Cass, Douglas, Gage, Johnson, Lancaster, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, Richardson and Sarpy.
Students who qualify for the Griffon Rate
- must comply with the university freshman residency policy;
- are not eligible to receive the Western Frontier, Western Neighboring States or Midwest Student Exchange Scholarships
If a student moves to a county which qualifies for the Griffon Rate subsequent to their admission term proof of county residence must be presented to the Registrar’s Office prior to the end of the first week of the semester for which the student desires the Griffon Rate.
The intent of the Griffon Rate is to benefit eligible students and decrease the cost of attendance. A student may choose to appeal receiving the Griffon Rate by contacting the Financial Aid Office.