Our partnership with Steven L. Craig, CEO of Craig Realty Group, and Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory has created an opportunity for students and alumni to compete to own a franchise.
The program has evolved to include additional franchise opportunities like Aspen Leaf Frozen Yogurt; Auntie Anne’s; Billy’s Italian Restaurant, Pizza Pasta Po’Boys; Blaze Pizza; Flip Flop Shops; Fresca’s Mexican Grill; Golden Corral; U-Swirl Frozen Yogurt; Which Wich Superior Sandwiches, Yogli-Mogli Frozen Yogurt, and Yogurtini Self-Serve. Since the program’s inception in 2009, graduates of the program have opened over 30 stores across the country with sales in excess of $7.5 million. CSB awards the opportunity for new franchises each year to participants competing in the program.
- MWSU seniors with a business or entrepreneurship major or minor
- Minimum GPA 2.5
- MWSU alumni with a business or entrepreneurship major or minor or significant business experience
- Candidates enroll in an Applied Entrepreneurship class, MGT 417, offered every spring at MWSU, and write a business plan for a company.
- Candidates then present their business plans in a preliminary competition held toward the end of the semester. A panel of judges identifies the finalists who can revise their plans before presenting them in the final competition.
- By the end of the semester, franchise opportunities to be awarded are identified. Judges rank the finalists, and candidates select the franchise they want.
- Winners attend franchise training
- Financial documents with the lender are signed, as are documents with the Craig School of Business and MWSU
- Owners open their stores!!
- CSB provides continued support for store owners
Director of Franchise Programs