Master of Business Administration
The AACSB accredited Master of Business Administration program is a professional degree program that offers students, of all educational and professional backgrounds, a broad business education to help launch or advance their professional careers. The program focuses on applied academic education to develop a student’s analytical and decision making abilities. The MBA program includes classes covering several business disciplines such as accounting, finance, marketing, and management. By offering late afternoon and evening classes, the program is designed to accommodate working professionals seeking to advance their career as well as recent graduates eager to advance into graduate studies.
Program: The 30-credit-hour program includes a core of 21 hours and 9 hours of elective courses to fit the specific needs of the student.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline with an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher (plus a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last 60 hours)
- Minimum 24 hour minor in business discipline with a minimum GPA 3.0 in the business minor courses AND an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- GMAT exam (or equivalent) of score 450 or higher AND non-business bachelor’s degree with either an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher or (an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher plus a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last 60 hours)
- Successfully completing MWSU competency courses* AND non-business bachelor’s degree with either an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher or (an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher plus a GPA of 3.0 or higher in the last 60 hours)
All students must meet course prerequisites. Students with an undergraduate degree other than Business will meet with an advisor to determine if prerequisites or competency courses are required in addition to the 30 hours necessary to complete the degree.
* Students must have demonstrated competency in all relevant subject areas prior to admission into the MBA program. Competency subject areas are accounting, finance, management, marketing, and statistics. Competency in a subject area can be demonstrated in one of the following ways: (1) completion of an undergraduate course in the subject area; (2) completion of the MWSU online competency courses; or (3) proof of relevant work experience in the subject area.
To apply and for more information about graduate school: https://www.missouriwestern.edu/graduate/
Questions about the program? Contact Dr. Logan Jones, Director of the MBA program at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (816) 271-4351