Faculty / Staff Professional Achievements
At the Craig School of Business, we like to honor our distinguished staff members who have stepped outside of the comforts of the classroom to enhance their field of study. Here, we share with you a list of our faculty and staff and their professional achievements.
Michael Chiao, Ph.D. (Associate Professor)
- Chiao, M., Gunderson, K. E. (2012). How Has Regulation FD Affected the Performance of Financial Analysts? Journal of Accounting and Finance, 12(1), pp60-72. www.na-businesspress.com. The journal, JAF are indexed by UMI-Proquest-ABI Inform, EBSCOhost, GoogleScholar, and listed with Cabell’s Directory, Ulrich’s Listing of Periodicals, Bowkers Publishing Resources, the Library of Congress, the National Library of Canada, and Australia’s Department of Education Science and Training.
- Chiao, M., Kao, R., Hu, X. (2012). The Momentous Ripple Effects in the New Investment Environment. Journal of Accounting and Finance, 12(1), pp94-122. www.na-businesspress.com.
- Chiao, M., Kao, R., Lin, C.F. (2012). Investors’ Ripple Effects in the Restructured Financial Environment. Journal of Finance Issues, 10(1), pp80-95. email@example.com.
- Der-Ann Hsu, and Cheng-Huei Chiao (2011). Relative Accuracy of Analysts’ Earnings Forecasts over Time – A Markov Chain Analysis. Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting (RQFA), 37(4), pp477-507. The journal, RQFA was ranked between top 21 to 28 of Financial & Accounting Journal in US. www.kluweronline.com.
- Present “Did Analysts Learn? — A Rationality Analysis”. Finance Management Association Annual Meeting. (October 22 – 24)
- Chiao, M.; Kao, R.; Russell, M. (2011) “How is the High-Tech Bubble Affecting Company Performance?” which he co-authored with Robert Kao and Michael Russell, Journal of the Academy of Finance. The journal was listed in Cabell’s Directory of Publishing Opportunities in Economics and Finance, Tenth Edition, pages 1273 and 1274
Daniel Eckhoff, MBA (Adjunct Faculty)
- Presidential Citation Award for Outstanding Service, Missouri Western State University (2009)
Konrad Gunderson, Ph.D. (Assistant Professor)
- Present “Does Balance Sheet Classification Matter? Evidence from Trust Preferred Stock”. American Accounting Association Conference. (October 21 – 23)
Dale Krueger, Ph.D. (Professor)
- Present “A Personality Cultural Connection”. Advanced Management Conference. (2011)
Larry Lawson, Ph.D. (Professor)
- Lawson, Larry. (2011). The Effect of Payment Methods on Risk Aversion. Atlantic Economic Journal.
Brett Luthans, Ph.D. (Professor)
- Present “Psychological Capital: Overview, Current Research and Future Directions” Decision Sciences Institute Annual Meeting. (November 19 – 24)
- “Relationship Between Positive Psychological Capital and Creative Performance,” (co-authored). In Press, February 2011. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences.
Vivek Madupu, Ph. D. (Associate Professor)
- Cooley, D.; Madupu, V. (2010). Cross-Cultural Differences in Online Brand Communities: An Exploratory Study of Indian and American Online Brand Communities. Journal of International Consumer Marketing.
- Cooley, D.; Madupu, V. (2010). Antecedents and Consequences of Online Brand Community Participation: A Conceptual Framework. Journal of Internet Commerce.
- “Emotional and Cognitive Antecedents of Customer Loyalty Towards Email Service Providers”. Society for Marketing Advances Conference. (November 3 – 5)
Philip S. Nitse, Ph.D. (Professor)
- Park, Jore; Fables, Wylci; Parker, Kevin, & Nitse, Philip S. (2010, July-September). The Role of Culture in Business Intelligence. International Journal of Business Intelligence Research. 1(3), 1-14.
Faye Smith, Ph.D., (Professor)
- Present ” Women in Universities: Untangling the System Barriers to Advancement”. Oxford Round Table Conference. (July 10-21)
- Market Strategies Session facilitator at the Midwest Academy of Management Annual Meeting, and presented with Kenneth Schallenkamp, “Hat Trick Strategizing: ‘Scoring’ with Legal Issues,”. (October 14 – 17)
- Published in the The Princeton Global Network 2011 Registry, recipient based on professional and academic achievement, listing biography regarding education, career achievements, affiliations, creative works, honors and awards.
Prashant Tarun, Ph.D. (Associate Professor)
- Present “Divergence of Pairwise Comparison Matrices Computed using the Successive Geometric Mean (SGM) Method”. INFORMS 2010 Annual Meeting.