University of Missouri-Columbia, School of Medicine: Bryant Scholars Program
The University of Missouri School of Medicine established the Lester R. Bryant Pre-Admissions Program in 1995 to attract students who have both a rural background and an interest in practicing rural medicine for pre-admission to the MU School of Medicine. Students must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply to the Bryant Scholars Program.
• Be in the process of completing their sophomore (second) year in college
• Have a composite score on the ACT examination of 28 or 1260 (CR+M) on the SAT prior to entering college
• Show evidence of high academic achievement during high school
• Show high academic achievement during the first two years of college. Applicants must have minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA and minimum 3.3 Math/Science GPA
• Have A or B (B minus is accepted but reviewed on a case by case basis) grades in required lecture/lab courses already taken at the time of application
• Show evidence of leadership and interest in a variety of extracurricular activities
• Be a Missouri resident
• Have graduated from a rural Missouri high school as defined by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES)
• Be full-time enrolled at one of the participating institutions
Applications and supporting materials are due June 1st to MU School of Medicine. Only complete applications with all required application materials will be considered. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all required materials are received by MU School of Medicine. Applications or supporting materials postmarked after June 1st will not be considered.
Additional details can be obtained through the MWSU Department of Biology or find the most up-to-date information, program requirements, required coursework, application material, and more at http://medicine.missouri.edu/ahec/pre-admissions.html. Please review this web site carefully.