Associate Professor of Art
Department of Art Chair
Director of Digital Animation
Digital Media Web Designer and Administrator
Department of Art Webmaster
Courses: Digital Animation and Motion Graphics
Office: Potter Hall 103
Phone: (816) 271-4282
Peter Hriso is an associate professor at Missouri Western State University (MWSU) in the Department of Art. He teaches digital animation and motion graphics. He also is the Chair of the Department of Art, responsible for working with the faculty for recruitment, marketing, curriculum, scheduling and budgeting. Peter received his B.S. degree from The University of Southern Indiana with an emphasis in fine art. Peter received his M.F.A. from The Ohio State University with an emphasis in Computer Graphics and Animation.
Prior to teaching, Peter worked in animation and interactive production being involved in all areas of digital media including visualization, multimedia, and web development. His job titles have varied from animator, project manager, multimedia artist and web designer. His main role has always been to bridge the gap between design and technology. He has worked with industrial, corporate and education clients including: Compaq, Ford, Daimler Chrysler, VW, Delphia, Siemens, and QWEST.
M.F.A., The Ohio State University
B.S., The University of Southern Indiana
Selected Exhibition Record
- “Digital Arts Festival,” 2012, Redmond WA.
- “ANIMA MUNDI,” 2012, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- “SHORTSNONSTOP,” 2012, Canada. Mobile Festival.
- “New Media Film Festival,” 2012, Los Angeles, CA.
- “Digital Arts Showcase,” 2012, St. Joseph, MO.
- “American International Film Festival (AIFF),” 2012, Skokie, IL** Best Animation Short **
- “AniMazSpot,” 2012, Los Angeles, California.
- “1st International Motion Festival,” 2012, Nicosia, Cyprus.
- “MWSU Faculty Biennial Exhibition,” 2012, St. Joseph, MO.
- “Kansas International Film Festival (KIFF),” 2011, Overland Park, Kansas.
- “Athens Video/Art Festival,” 2011 Athens, Greece.
- “Northwest Animation Festival,” 2011, Portland, OR.
- “New Media Film Festival,” 2011, Los Angeles, CA. ** Best Art on the Wall Award
- “California International Animation Festival,” 2011, Modesto, CA (screening will take place on KAZV TV, a local TV station with a possible audience of over 1.5 million people.)
- “Kansas City FilmFest/KC Jubilee,” 2011, Kansas City, KA.
- “Digital Arts Festival,” 2011, Redmond WA. * Best Animation.
- “6th Annual Macon Film Festival,” 2011, Macon, GA.
- “Vimeo Festival,” 2010, *The project “Sunset” was 1 of 180 selected from 6500 submissions across 80 countries. Online Festival.
- “New York International Children’s Film Festival,” 2010, New York, NY.
- “Maryland International Kids FilmFest (MIKFF),” 2010, Fredrick, MD.
- “The 2nd International Festival of Animated Films ‘TOFUZI 2010′,” Tbilisi, Georgia *Nominated for two awards: The Best Experimental Film and The Best Internet Film.
- “SF International Women’s Film Festival,” 2010, San Francisco, CA.
- “MWSU Faculty Biennial Exhibition,” 2010, St. Joseph, MO.
- “SF International Women’s Film Festival,” 2010, San Francisco, CA .
- “Saugatuck Children’s Film Festival”, 2010, Saugatuck, MI
- “SF Bay Area International Children’s Film Festival,” 2010, Oceanside, CA.
- “Reel Women International Film Festival,” 2010, Burbank, CA.
- “CHINH India Kids Film Festival,” 2009, New Delhi, Delhi.
- “Flyway Film Festival,” 2009, Pepin, WI.
- “Los Angeles International Children’s Film Festival,” 2009, Oceanside, CA.
- “International Festival of Animated Films ‘TOFUZI,’” 2009, Georgia, Autonomous Republic of Adjara, City of Batumi.
- “Kidsfilmfest,” 2009, Sanata Fe, NM * Nominated Best Animation.
- “5th Istanbul Animation and Visual Effect Short Film Competition,” 2008, Istanbul, Turkey.
- “Red Stick International Animation Festival,” 2008, Louisiana State University Baton Rouge, Louisiana ** Best Animation for Young Audiences.