The Accessibility Resource Center administers examinations for faculty who have students with disabilities currently enrolled in their classes. Students must first be approved for testing accommodations by providing disability documentation to the ARC. Once students have been approved for testing accommodations, they are required to relay that information to their instructors by giving them a copy of their Accessibility Plan.
Please Note: Missouri Western State University follows the Guidance on Disability Documentation Practices published by the Association on Higher Education and Disability. Students needing to take examinations (e.g. PRAXIS, NCLEX, C-BASE, etc.) should be aware that each testing agency may have different documentation standards and practices. Students should become familiar with the documentation guidelines for their specific exam and apply for accommodations well in advance so they can secure additional documentation if necessary.
Scheduling Exams in the Accessibility Resource Center:
Information for Faculty:
- When you have students who need to take their exams in the ARC, please try to get their exams to us at least 24 hours in advance. You can send them through department courier or via email to Kathy Lau at email@example.com.
- A completed copy of the Testing Services Request Form will need to be sent along with each exam to the Accessibility Resource Center.
- When students need their exams converted into an accessible format, please try to get those exams to our Adaptive Technology Specialist, Michelle Graham, at least 48 hours in advance so that she can make an accessible copy of the exam prior to the test date. This can take a considerable amount of time so the sooner she has the exam, the better.
- To protect the integrity of each exam, all completed exams will be kept in a secure location in the Accessibility Resource Center. Instructors may pick up their completed exams or the exams can be delivered to the instructor by our Testing Technician. You will need to select your preference on the Testing Services Request Form.
- The Accessibility Resource Center administers exams Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Information for Students:
- Students who need to take their exams in the Accessibility Resource Center, will need to contact Kathy Lau or Sue Barnes at least 24 hours in advance to schedule their exam.
- Students are responsible for showing up on time and being prepared to take their exam at the scheduled time. Students who are more than 5 minutes late may be required to reschedule their exam.
- Students are responsible for adhering to the the Academic Honesty Policy as outlined in the MWSU Policy Guide. This policy is also posted in each of our testing rooms.
- When scheduling your exam, keep in mind that the ARC is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Make sure you give yourself enough time to complete your exam prior to 4:30 p.m.
- When scheduling your exam, make sure that your testing time does not interfere with attending any of your classes.
- Remember to bring pens and/or pencils with you.
- Remember that cell phones are never allowed in any of our testing rooms.We have lockers available for you to store your personal belongings.