Realizing that is often difficult or impossible to create an equitable testing experience in the classroom for a diverse group of learners, the Accessibility Resource Center has created the Griffon Testing Center (GTC) in Eder Hall for the purpose of providing exam support services for faculty. The primary function of the GTC is to take exams that are designed for the typical learner and make them accessible for the atypical learner without sacrificing the integrity of the exam.
Students should provide their instructors with a copy of their Accessibility Plan during the first week of the semester to initiate the process for taking their exams in the GTC. The purpose of the Accessibility Plan is to help your instructor and the GTC staff determine the best way to go about making your exams accessible. When the date of an exam is approaching, students should work with their instructor to decide and agree upon a day and time when the student will take the exam. The instructor will include this information when he or she completes the Testing Services Request Form. ARC staff will only administer an exam on the day and time specified by the instructor on the Testing Services Request Form.
Students are encouraged to provide their instructors with a copy of their Accessibility Plan during the first week of the semester to initiate the process for taking their exams in the GTC. The purpose of the Accessibility Plan is to provide information that will help instructors and GTC staff determine the best way to go about providing an equitable testing experience for the student. When the date of an exam is approaching, instructors and students should discuss and agree upon a day and time when the student will take the exam in the GTC. The instructor will need to include this information when completing the Testing Services Request Form. ARC staff will only administer an exam on the day and time specified by the instructor on the Testing Services Request Form. Once completed, the form should be printed and sent along with a copy of the exam to the ARC in Eder 203.
Additional Information for Instructors:
- We appreciate having all forms and exams in the ARC at least 36 hours prior to the date of the exams in case we have any questions about how the exam is to be administered and/or if the exam needs to be reformatted to be accessible for the student.
- All completed exams will be kept in a secure location in the Accessibility Resource Center. Instructors may pick up their completed exams or the exams can be delivered to the instructor by a member of the ARC staff. This option can be selected on the Testing Services Request Form.
- The GTC administers exams Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Additional Information for Students:
- Students are responsible for showing up and being prepared to take their exam at the scheduled time. Students who are more than 5 minutes late may be required to reschedule their exam.
- Students are responsible for adhering to the the Academic Honesty Policy as outlined in the MWSU Policy Guide. This policy is also posted in the GTC.
- When scheduling your exam, keep in mind that the ARC is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Make sure you set your start time early enough that you will finished with your exam by 4:30 p.m.
- When working with your instructor to determine what day and time you will take your exam, make sure that your testing time does not interfere with attending any of your classes.
- Remember to bring pens and/or pencils with you.
- Remember, cell phones are never allowed in any of our testing rooms.We have lockers available for you to store your personal belongings, including cell phones.