Realizing that is often difficult or impossible to create an equitable testing experience in the classroom for a diverse group of learners, the Accessibility Resource Center has created the Griffon Testing Center (GTC) in Eder Hall for the purpose of administering exams that are accessible and inclusive. The primary function of the GTC is to take exams that are designed for the typical learner and make them accessible for the atypical learner without sacrificing the integrity of the exam.
You will need to provide your instructors with a copy of your Accessibility Plan during the first week of the semester to initiate the process for taking your exams in the GTC. Your Accessibility Plan describes the barriers typically found in the post-secondary educational environment that prevent students with disabilities from having the same opportunities as their peers. Detailed within your plan are the steps we will take to remove those barriers. As soon as you know that you have an exam coming up, you need to work with your instructor to determine the day and time when you will take the exam in the GTC. You do not need to make an appointment with the GTC to take your exam. Your instructor will include this information when he or she completes the Testing Services Request Form. ARC staff will only administer an exam on the date and time specified by the instructor on the form.
Students are encouraged to provide you with a copy of their Accessibility Plan during the first week of the semester to initiate the process for taking their exams in the GTC. The Accessibility Plan describes the barriers that have been identified by the student and the ARC that will prevent the student from having the same opportunities as his or her peers. Detailed within the Accessibility Plan are the steps we will take to remove those barriers in order to create an equitable testing experience for the student. When the date of an exam is approaching, instructors and students should work together to determine the day and time when the student will take the exam in the GTC. The instructor will need to include this information when completing the Testing Services Request Form. ARC staff will only administer an exam on the day and time specified by the instructor on the form.
Additional Information for Instructors:
- We appreciate having all forms and exams in the ARC at least 24 hours prior to the date of the exam in case we have any questions about how the exam is to be administered and/or if the exam needs to be reformatted to be accessible for the student.
- All completed exams will be kept in a secure location in the Accessibility Resource Center. Instructors may pick up their completed exams or the exams can be delivered to the instructor by a member of the ARC staff. This option can be selected on the Testing Services Request Form.
- The GTC administers exams Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Additional Information for Students:
- Students are responsible for showing up and being prepared to take their exam at the scheduled time. Students who are more than 5 minutes late may be required to reschedule their exam.
- Students are responsible for adhering to the the Academic Honesty Policy as outlined in the MWSU Policy Guide.
- When working with your instructor to determine what day and time you will take your exam, make sure that your testing time does not interfere with attending any of your other classes.
- Remember to bring pens and pencils with you.
- Remember, cell phones are collected at the front desk as you enter the testing center.