Sun07Oct2018Sun14Oct2018VariousMissouri Western Campus
Griffons Under the Big Top: Homecoming 2018
Sunday, October 7
Forever Griffons Luncheon
Join alumni from the 1940s to the 1970s as we celebrate the Class Reunions for the classes of 1943, 1948, 1953, 1958, 1963, 1968, 1973 and 1978. The committee has some exciting plans for you. #ForeverGriffons
Location: Hall of Fame Banquet Room; Spratt Memorial Stadium
Arrival: 12 p.m.
Lunch: 12:30 p.m.
Cost: $15 per person
Monday, October 8-Tuesday, October 9 (noon to noon)
Last year, alumni gave over $10,000 during our first online giving day. Donate to the MWSU Foundation today and continue your Griffon Legacy. Look for Legacy Day information on our Facebook and web pages to learn how you can help current students. #LegacyDay
Tuesday, October 9
Griffon Alumni Employee Breakfast
Come enjoy breakfast with our fellow alumni co-workers. Register to win Griffon Alumni prizes! #GriffonAlumEmployee
Wednesday, October 10
Support a Griffon Business Day!
From pretzel stands, restaurants and bars to paint and tire stores, Griffons own and manage businesses all over the country. Visit or shop a Griffon Business today! #SupportGriffonBusiness
Friday, October 12
- Alumni Golf Outing 9 :30 a.m. Registration; 10 a.m. shot gun start; Fairview Golf Course; $50 per person or $200 per team of four. The drink cart is sponsored by Norty’s Bar & Grill (Jason ’95 and Tara Horn ’97)
- Alumni Awards Banquet; 5:30 p.m. Reception; 6:15 p.m. Program
- Fulkerson Center; $35 per person or $210 per table of 6
All alumni and friends are welcome to join us as we celebrate these alumni and student award recipients:
Student Leadership Awards
- International Student of the Year - Sanhith Chinta ’18
- Clifford Hughes ’51 Award – Alexis Williams ’18
- Graduating Student of the Year – Dianah Hidzir ’18
Great Griffon Awards
- Craig School of Business - Jaime Haberstat '99, Regional Membership Manager for Team Rubicon Region 7
- College of Professional Studies - Rachel Pepper ’03, Senior Director of Nursing at the University of Kansas Hospital.
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences - Kristi Bailey '00, Director of Communications & Marketing for the St. Joseph Chamber of Commerce
- School of Fine Arts - Patrick Larsen ’15, Owner, Mad Potter Studio, Weston, MO
Distinguished Faculty Award
Dr. Bill Church ’89, Associate Professor of English
Herb ’34 & Peggy Iffert Award for Outstanding Service to the Community
Drew Brown, Director of Brown Investments, St. Joseph
Graduate of the Last Decade (GOLD) Award
Dr. Brian Dow ’11, Pharmaceutical Regulatory Scientist for Johnson & Johnson
Distinguished Alumni Award
Dr. Keith Evans ’78, Owner, Atlanta Human Performance Center
Saturday, October 13
- Parade: Downtown St. Joseph; 9:30 a.m.
- Arts, Beats & Treats: Remington Hall; 10:30 a.m.
- Tailgate: Parking Lot H; 10:30 a.m.
- Football Game: Missouri Western Griffons vs. University of Central Oklahoma Bronchos, 1 p.m. Spratt Memorial Stadium