Eight Missouri Western students received 2020 Nursing Fellowship scholarships from the Mosaic Life Care Foundation.
In honor of Nurses Week (May 6-12), the Foundation announced their commitment to the annual fellowship that will award $10,000 each up to 10 qualifying applicants. This year’s recipients were chosen from applicants currently enrolled in nursing programs throughout the Mosaic service region, and eight of the nine selected are in Missouri Western’s nursing program.
The Nursing Fellowship lays the foundation for a successful nursing career. Following graduation and obtaining a Missouri State Nursing License, each Mosaic Life Care Foundation Nursing Fellowship recipient will be partnered with a professional mentor throughout their first three years of employment with Mosaic, participate in community engagement opportunities and develop clinical and leadership skills in a supportive, hands-on environment.
They scholarships recipients include the following:
- Jennifer Buch, of St. Joseph
- Kourtney Chaney, of St. Joseph
- Shelbie Gaines, of Watson, Missouri
- Jaileigh Hamlin, of St. Joseph
- Lauren Hill, of Troy, Kansas
- Alyssa Hough, of Gower, Missouri
- Ashley Moeck, of St. Joseph
- Holly Poppa, of Bethany, Missouri