To enroll, please e-mail your name, address, phone and agency (if applicable) to Barb Young, or call (816) 271-5843.
Please note: if you are wanting POST CEUs for classes, you MUST know your POST license number.
Retired Law Enforcement Officers Annual Firearms Certification
March 18, 2017
2 Sessions: 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 1:00-5:00 p.m.
This four-hour course offers two hours of classroom and fifty-round live fire shoot. The annual firearms certification complies with U.S.C. 926C (HR218) and RSMo 650.030. You will receive a certificate that will fit in a wallet that allows retired officers to carry concealed firearms. Note you will need: firearm, belt style holster, ear and eye protection, and 50 rounds of ammunition.
Instructors: Sgt. Damian Melkowski & Investigator Terry White
Classroom Instruction: Missouri Western State University
4525 Downs Drive, Wilson Hall 184, St. Joseph, MO 64507
Field Instruction: Pigeon Hill Range
SE 50th Road, St. Joseph, MO 64507
Please e-mail your name, phone number, and the session you wish to attend to Barb Young at email@example.com.
Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) TrainingDATES: April 10-14, 2017
TIMES: 8am – 5pm
COST: Training is FREE, but must attend ALL 40 hours in order to get certified and POST hours.
LOCATION: St Joseph Law Enforcement Center Training Room
CONTACT: Jen Gentry ---(323) 204-1720
DESCRIPTION: A Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) Program is a model for community policing that brings together law enforcement, mental health providers, hospital emergency department and individuals with mental illness and their families to improve responses to people in crisis. CIT programs enhance communication, identify mental health resources for assisting people in crisis and ensure that officers get the training and support that they need.
CIT programs provide officers with 40 hours of intensive training, including:
- *overview of mental health
- *substance use & co-occurring disorders
- *personality disorders
- *youth intervention
- *intellectual disabilities
- *autism spectrum disorder
- *suicide intervention
- *law enforcement suicide
- *bipolar video
- *veteran’s issues
- *overview of civil involuntary detention laws
- *hospital procedures
- *community resources
- *tactical planning and liability concerns
- *Building trust & legitimacy in diverse communities
- *CIT and how it works from an officer’s point of view
- *officer wellness
- Training on officer well-being including mental health awareness for the following: 5 CEU Interpersonal Perspectives / 5 CEU Skill Development.
- Training on handling person with mental health & cognitive impairment issues for the following: 2 CEU Legal Studies / 3 CEU Interpersonal Perspectives.
- Tactical training to include de-escalation techniques for the following: 5 CEU Legal Studies / 5 CEU Interpersonal Perspectives / 10 CEU Skill Development.
Child Abuse Investigation Conference
April 19 & 20, 2017More Information