Missouri Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), one of the six regional accrediting associations in the United States. HLC accredits institutions of higher education in 19 states and has approximately 1,000 member institutions.
Accreditation supports our on-going focus upon institutional improvement, ensures that we remain accountable to our constituencies, and provides us with a broad framework for action as we work to achieve our mission.
Missouri Western’s accreditation was reaffirmed on January 24, 2017 and participates in the Open Pathway. We value the insights provided through the accreditation process and seek to use this information to strengthen our institution.
Specialized accreditations include:
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business, AACSB International
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council on Social Work Education
- Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education