The Equipment Cage: The All HD Experience
The cage is the storage area for all production equipment available to students enrolled in a production class. Missouri Western has a variety of cameras, audio, lighting and grip equipment.
The film equipment cage and loading dock area are now located in Hearnes Building 150. This cage is a storage area for all the latest state-of-the-industry film equipment that can be checked out by any students enrolled in a production class. Missouri Western is an all HD film program that has a variety of cameras, audio, lighting and grip equipment that is available to students enrolled in the Theatre-Cinema program.
Check out our latest addition: Panasonic AF-100 Camera
The Panasonic AF-100 High-Definition camcorder is our latest addition at Missouri Western and will be used in the upper-class courses such as Directing and Cinematography. This best-in-class 4/3” sensor camera delivers depth of field and field of view similar to that of 35mm movie camera.
Check out Philip Bloom's review and test footage of his "3 days with the AF100."
- 3 – Canon EOS 5D Mark II
- 1 – Panasonic AF100
- 5 – Panasonic HMC40
- 5 – Panasonic HPX170
- 2 – Panasonic HVX 200
- 1 – Panasonic DVX 100A
- 2 – Panasonic DVX 100B
- 1 – Sony HDR FX1
- 1 – Canon XL1
- Canon EF 16-35mm f2.8
- 3 - Canon EF 24-105mm f4.0
- Canon EF 24-70mm f2.8
- Canon EF 28-135mm Zoom Lens f3.5
- Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8
- Canon 8-15mm f4.0 Fisheye
- Canon EF 85mm f1.2
- Canon EF 50mm f1.2
- Canon EF 35mm f1.4
- Canon EF 14mm f2.8
- Panasonic Lumix 20mm f1.7 Prime Wide Angle
- Canon EF to micro 4/3 Lens adapter
Rigs & Steadicams
- Redrock Micro Studio Bundle for Panasonic AF-100
- Redrock Micro Vincent Laforet Indie Filmmaker DSLR Kit
- Redrock DSLR Field Cinema Deluxe Rig
- Redrock DSLR Studio Rig Bundle
- Cavision DSLR Shoulder Pad Package
- Steadicam PILOT-ABS Pilot Sled Camera Stabilization System
- Steadicam Merlin ArmVest Pack
- Glidecam X-10 Dual Stabilizer Vest System
- 1 – Mathews Master Car and Hood Mounting System
- Azden FMX-42 Audio Mixer
- Sounds Devices 552 Audio Mixer/Recorder
- Fostex FR2LE Audio Recorder
- Marantz PMD660 Audio Recorder
- 6 – Zoom H4N Audio Recorders
- 13 – Audio Technica Shotgun Microphone Boom Kits
- 5 – Sennheiser Shotgun Microphone Boom Kits
- 5 – Rode Shotgun Microphone Boom Kits
- 2 – Studio Projects Condenser Microphones
- 6 – Tram Microphone Lavaliers
- 2 – Audio Technica Wireless Microphones
- 4 – Lectrosonic Wireless Microphones
- 4 – Sony Wireless Microphones
- 2 – Behringer Mini Booth Audio Kits
- Tall Mic and Desk Stands
- XLR Cables
- Boom Cables
Lighting & Grip
- Impact Green Screen & Light Kit
- 2 – Rotolight LED Ringlights
- 2 – Bescor LED-70W Lights
- 2 – Litepanels LED Mini Plus Lite Kits
- 2 – Arri SE1200 HMI Arrisun Light Kit
- 2 – Arri 650W Fresnel Compact 3-Light Kit
- 2 – Arri T1 Fresnel 1000W 3-Light Kit
- 2 – Arri Softbank D5 Plus 4 Light Kit
- 2 – Arri 150/300/650 Fresnel Kit
- 2 – Kino Diva-lite 200
- 2 – Kino Gaffer Select 4 Bank 3200k
- 2 – Kino Gaffer Select 4 Bank 5500k
- 4 - Lowell Light Kits 250w/125
- Rice Paper Lanterns
- Collapsible Reflectors
- Light Meters
- 1 – Mathews Doorway Dolly with Wheels
- 1 – Manfrotto Dolly Tripod
- 2 – 4' Dolly Track
- 1 – 8' Dolly Curved Track
- 1 – 8' Straight Track
- 1 – Kessler Pocket Dolly for Canon 5d
- 2 – Mathews Grip Hardware Survival Kits
- 2 – Mathews Reflector Grip Kits
- 2 – Mathews Flag Grip Kits
- 2 – Mathews Scrim/Combo Flag Grips
- 2 – Small Scrim/Flag Grip Kits
- Beefy Baby's
- Junior Stands
- Triple Riser Rolling Stands
- High Overhead Wide Base
- Shot Bags
- Full Apple Box Sets
- Final Cut Pro Editing Software
- Final Draft 8 Screenwriting Software
- Final Draft 8 Audio/Video Software
- Entertainment Partners Budgeting and Scheduling Software
- Adobe Creative Suite 5
- Qlab Sound Bundle Software
- Vectorworks Designer / Renderworks Software
MONDAY - FRIDAY: 8:00 am-11:00 pm & 2:00 pm-4:30 pm | SATURDAY: 8:00 am-11:00 am
LOCATION: Hearnes 150 | PHONE: 816-271-4118 | EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please have your MWSU ID when making a reservation or picking up equipment.
Note: The cage hours of operation are posted on a per semester basis due to class schedules of student workers. If you arrive at the cage and no one is on duty to help you, please come back when we are open. DO NOT ask a professor or a worker not on duty to help you.
You must be registered for a class to check out equipment. You may not have access to all of the equipment at all times as it will be determined by your year level in the program and may be limited by the requirements of the particular class you are enrolled in.
You must be trained on and approved to use the equipment that you check out. This process begins when you enter the program and attend classes. Your training on equipment will occur in the classroom. Be aware that if you miss classes in which the use of equipment is introduced or workshopped, you may be denied use on that particular equipment. As you advance through the program and become skilled on many different types of equipment you access privileges will increase. However, each semester you may still be limited by a specific time frame allotted for production.
You must sign an Equipment Access Contract in order to check out equipment. Should you fail to observe the policies of Equipment Access, you will be subject to a process of disciplinary action. This process begins with a temporary "on hold" designation, in which you will not be able to check out any equipment for 2 weeks. This may affect your ability to complete class assignments in a timely manner, and may affect your grade.
- Your MWSU ID Card is required for making reservations and borrowing equipment.
- Maximum loan time is 48 hours during the week.
- Weekend checkout on Friday returns equipment on Monday by 1:00pm.
- Maximum advance reservation is 2 weeks.
- All reservations must be made in person.
- Equipment reserved by YOU must be signed out by YOU and returned by YOU on time. YOU are responsible for the equipment.
- Any reserved equipment not picked up with in 30 minutes of the reservation time will be made available to others.
- Please schedule your equipment return thoughtfully. Any equipment returned late by you will result in the temporary loss of your privilege to access equipment.
- Missing or damaged equipment is your responsibility. We recommend that you check the condition and inventory of the equipment you are signing out in the designated equipment test area. Please make our staff aware of any discrepancies with the equipment you signed for before you leave our area.
- DO NOT use any tape other than GAFF tape in any equipment, including cords. If you use GAFF tape, remove it before returning the equipment.
- DO NOT expose equipment to water in the form of snow or rain.
- DO NOT leave ANY equipment in parked cars (damage from heat and cold or theft).
- Any questions or concerns should be directed to one of our staff members - we will be happy to assist you.
Have a good shoot!