Master of Applied Science (MAS) in Assessment is an interdisciplinary degree
with an 18-credit core which focuses on qualitative and quantitative research
and data-driven decision-making to facilitate improvement within organizations.
The courses in the 15-hour Writing Option are offered through Missouri Westernís
Prairie Lands Writing Project, a part of the National Writing Project
professional development network.
Participants who complete the MAS in Assessment: Writing Option will be
prepared to fulfill leadership roles in developing collaborative teaching
projects, curriculum design, assessment and testing programs, and professional
development offerings related to improving literacy instruction.
TOP 10 QUESTIONS
- Who should enroll in this option?
- What are the admission requirements?
- How do I apply?
- How is this different from a traditional masterís degree?
- Why is it important to gain expertise in assessment and
- What about scholarships/fellowships?
- When are classes held?
- Do I have the option of full- or part-time?
- Where are classes held?
- Who teaches the courses in this option?
Graduate Certificate in
the Teaching of Writing is also available