Vaselakos Hall is a coed, suite-style building that houses first-year, sophomore, junior and senior students. It also offers a music/liberal arts wing, international community wing and honors wing. It is staffed with one residence hall director and six student resident assistants.
- Over 300 residential students
- Card swipe entry at the main entrance
- Night security - Hours are Sun-Wed 12am-3am, Thurs-Sat 12am-4am
- Front desk services located in the lobby - Hours are M-F 8am-12am, Sat-Sun 5pm-12am
- Common lounge space on every floor
- Computer lab and study area located on the first floor
- Kitchen area featuring a full electric stove located in the basement
- Laundry facilities located in the basement
- Pool table located in the basement
- Piano for resident use located in the basement
- Lounge area in the basement
- Vending machines located in the basement
- Each suite houses 4 students of the same gender
- Each suite consists of 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and a shared commons area
- Typical suite living area: 16' x 11' 9"
- Typical suite bedroom: 8' 11" x 8' 11"
- Typical suite bathroom: 8' 11" x 11' 5"
- Bed: 2' 2" x 6' 9" x 3'
- Window: 4' x 4'
- Common area in each suite consists of couch, coffee table, table and chairs
- Accessible Room also available (see accessible room floor plan photo below)
- Card swipe entry on each suite door
- Hard key entry to the room
- Dimensions: 11' 2" x 17' 4" double with wall in middle.
- Individual student living area: 11' 2" x 8' 8".
- Double occupancy
- Window coverings
- Extra long twin bed (One per student)
- Desks (One per student)
- Chairs (One per student)
- Three-drawer dresser (One per student)
- Clothes armoire (One per student)
- Air conditioning/heating unit
- Wireless internet access
- Cable television jack (One per room)
- Free Griffon cinema available on Channel 80.1
Residence Hall Director
Typical Room Floor Plan
Accessible Room Floor Plan
John and Betty Vaselakos owned and operated the McDonald's restaurants in St. Joseph for 28 years. They have been actively involved in the St. Joseph community through their support of Missouri Western State University, Heartland Health Foundation, American Cancer Society, Ronald McDonald House, Boy Scouts of America and Camp Quality.