Swimming Pool Rules
- A valid MWSU I.D. is required before entering the pool.
- NO RUNNING!
- No hanging on the rope or the diving board.
- No going to the bathroom in the pool.
- One person on the board at a time.
- No rough play allowed in the pool (dunking, sitting on shoulders, throwing people, pushing, shoving, hitting).
- No floatation devices allowed on the board (kickboards, life jackets, or arm supporters).
- One bounce on the board for each dive.
- Use ladders to exit pool.
- No playing on or around ladders and stairs.
- No foul language in pool or surrounding area.
- No diving in the shallow area – feet in first.
- No public display of affection allowed.
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- When lap lane line is hooked, only lap swimmers are allowed in the area.
- No going over the rope or lap lane lines.
- NO flips or back dives are allowed from the sides, shallow or deep area of the pool.
- No jumping or standing on kickboards.
- Only lifeguards are allowed in storage area or first aid cabinet.
- Obey the lifeguards at all times.
- We reserve the right to deny privileges to the pool.
- Faculty and staff may bring one guest or immediate family members.
- Students may bring one guest or immediate family members.
- Alumni members with single membership cannot bring guests.
- Alumni members with couple membership can only bring their spouse.
- Alumni family pass is only immediate family (this goes down, not up) and no guests.
- Gold Coat Club members with single membership cannot bring guest.
- Gold Coat Club members with couple membership can only bring their spouse.
- Gold Coat Club members with family membership can only bring their immediate family (this goes down, not up) and no guests.
- Do NOT vent your opinions to the lifeguards. They are there to enforce the rules that have been set as guidelines for everyone’s safety.
- If you have a question about the pool or need to talk about the pool rules please contact Wonda Berry-Howe, Director Recreation Services and Facilities, 271-4247.