- The operation of a motor vehicle shall be restricted to the campus streets and parking lots. Parking is prohibited on any lawn, curb, sidewalk, or any area not designated as a parking space, or in any restricted or unauthorized area.
- Motor vehicles operated or parked on the campus must comply with all State Laws, City Ordinances, and the Traffic and Parking Regulations of Missouri Western State University.
- The person in whose name the vehicle is registered is responsible for all violations committed with that vehicle. If the operator of a motor vehicle involved in a violation is different than that of the person whose name is on the vehicle registration, both the operator and the person whose name is on the registration may be held responsible for the violation.
- Vehicles registered by students, part time and contract employees must display a current decal (permit) on the outside of the vehicle either on the passenger side rear bumper or lower passenger side rear window. Vehicles registered by full time faculty and staff must display a current hang tag (permit) on the rear view mirror or the front dash board of any vehicle parked on campus and must be able to produce the permit when operating a vehicle on campus. The hang tag need not be visible when the vehicle is moving; however, both decal and hang tag must be entirely visible and the number easily read at ALL times when the vehicle is parked in order to be considered valid.
- Between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday, non resident students (with G decals,) part time employees and contract employees (with PT decals) must park within the lines of white lined spaces in Lots B, C, E, F, G, H, I, J, K and N in non-residential parking areas; full time permanent employees (with R hang tags) must park within the yellow lined spaces in Lots B, E, F, H, J and K. Resident students are restricted to parking in appropriate sections of lot H, lot E, lot F and lot O between 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, from the first day of classes in the fall semester through the last day of finals in the spring semester.
- After 4:30 PM and on weekends, reserved parking in lots B, E, F, H, I, J, K and N are open for general parking to all faculty, staff, student and visitor parking.
- Vehicles being operated by any faculty, staff, student or associated campus employee may not be parked in visitor labeled parking spaces except those spaces that become general parking at certain times by signage provided.
- When motor vehicles are parked diagonally or perpendicular to a curb, the front wheels must be within 12 inches of the face of the curb. Vehicles must park headed into a parking stall with the rear bumper of the vehicle facing out to a traffic lane.
- It is a violation to park a motor vehicle in any place where it may create a traffic hazard or where it blocks or impedes pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
- Parking is not allowed where prohibited by signs or yellow curbs. Certain parking areas on campus have time limits; parking for a period of time in excess of what is indicated in these areas is prohibited.
- Visitor parking is restricted to areas designated for visitors. Visitors are requested to park in these spaces as opposed to general parking lots; see visitors parking: http://www.missouriwestern.edu/PoliceDepartment/Parking/visitor.asp Registered students, faculty and staff vehicles are prohibited from these spaces, except as noted in section 5.
- Parking on the campus for the purpose of storing or repairing a vehicle (except emergency repairs) is prohibited. If a vehicle breaks down on campus, thus rendering it inoperable, the person whose name appears on the registration is responsible for contacting the MWSU Police Department and getting the vehicle removed at the operator’s expense.
- The speed limit on all streets of the campus is 25 miles per hour, unless otherwise posted. The speed limit in all parking lots and drives is 10 miles per hour.
- Operating a motor vehicle in a careless or reckless manner, which could endanger the life, limb, or property of another, is prohibited.
- Operating a motor vehicle in the opposite direction of signs indicating ONE-WAY traffic is prohibited.
- The operator of a motor vehicle shall:
- Yield the right of way to pedestrians at all times. Vehicles must stop for pedestrians in crosswalks.
- Come to a complete stop at all stop signs and then proceed with caution.
- Report immediately any collision in which he/she is involved to the MWSU Police Department.
- Refrain from driving beyond a barricaded area or where prohibited by signs, and be prohibited from moving such barricades or signs.
- Follow the orders, directions, or signals of a
Missouri Western Traffic and MWSU police officer.
- Refrain from backing a motor vehicle into an intersection or across a lane of traffic.
- Immediately pull to the right-most curb of the roadway, or drive, and stop when approached by a MWSU police department vehicle with its rotating/flashing, red/blue lights in operation.
- Abide by all state and city traffic laws.
- Standing (a driver occupied vehicle not parked and not moving) so as to impede the flow of traffic is prohibited anywhere on campus.
- LOADING and UNLOADING: 15 minute loading and unloading permission in non-parking areas can be obtained by contacting Parking Services at 271-5666 during business hours. During off hours, the Police Officer on duty can provide permission by contacting the Police Department at 271-4438. Persons receiving campus citations for loading or unloading without permission will be responsible for citations they receive.