Create New Pages
All pages on a site are based on templates that define colors, layout, and format, of all information on the site. Using Contribute, create a new page based on the same template so it is consistent with other pages on the Missouri Western website.
- From the "File" menu, select "New Page".
- In the window that opens will be a list of files and directories. Find the directory called "Templates".
- In the Templates directory is a list of all templates used to create the site. Clicking on each file name shows a preview in the box to the right of the file list.
- Click on the desired template.
- Below the preview box is a textbox labeled "Page Title", name the new page. This is a descriptive title. (do not confuse the title with a file name which is very short and has a three letter extension such as: index.html)
- When finished, click "OK" to create the new page.
- Edit the page the same as any other on the site.
- When finished with the new page, click "Publish".
- If no link to the new page has been created, a dialog box warns that the page is not accessible. Click "Yes" to bypass this until later.
- Create a filename for the page. Choose a word that describes the content on the page.
- For example, the filename of this page is newpages.html because it describes how to create new pages. In your filenames, do not use capital letters or punctuation and keep it short. Also, place the extension .html at the end.
- Before publishing a new page, remember to Edit the Keywords & Description.
- Click "Publish" when the page is ready to be accessed.
- Now link to the new page. For instruction read the tutorial on Creating Links.