Edit Keywords & Description
Keywords and descriptions are often forgotten when making a website but are a very important aspect of the web page. Keywords and Descriptions are unseen by users but are used by search engines (such as Google or Yahoo!) to identify which pages to display when a user enters search criteria. Without proper keywords and descriptions, users may not be able to find your page by using a popular search engine.
To edit keywords & descriptions:
- From the "Format" menu select "Keywords and Description".
- In the "Keywords" text box, enter a list of words people might use to find the site. Make keywords match words used on the page. Separate each word with a comma and use as many words and phrases as possible.
- e.g. A page for Web Technology would use these keywords: web, information, technology, computer, assistance, computer help, etc.
- In the "Description" text box, type a few sentences to describe the content on the site. Be as descriptive as possible, although 1-2 sentences is enough, and search engines cut off long paragraphs.
- When finished, click "OK".
- Click "Publish" when finished editing.