Adaptive Technology is responsible for ensuring the:
- Equipment in the lab is working.
- Accomodation was provided in a timely manner, ideally in less than 4 weeks.
- Student understands how to use the technology for their needs.
- Equipment is upgraded or modified to fit the student's needs.
- Accommodation is located in the appropriate location.
Approved students are responsible for:
- Contacting Adaptive Technology to set up initial appointment.
- Participating in an interview to identify their assistive technology needs.
- Participating in training sessions to learn how to use the assistive technology to complete their academic tasks.
- Providing Adaptive Technology staff class handouts to alter the format.
(Note: Students should contact instructors to obtain material early.)
- Updating the Adaptive Technology staff as needs change or class schedules change.
- Contacting Adaptive Technology staff prior to each semester if planning on using assisstive technology or alternative format accommodations.