1. Where is the Student Health Center located?
- Esry Student Health Center is located in MWSU Blum Union, Room 203.
2. What hours is the Health Center open?
- Esry Student Health Center's regular office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
3. What hours may I see a nurse or family nurse practitioner?
- RN hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Thursday . The RN can give allergy injections, immunizations, STD testing, Strep screening, Urinalysis, pregnancy test, and assist in education.
- Nurse Practitioner hours are 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Thursday. No Nurse Practitioner services during summer semester. The Nurse Practitioner can diagnose and treat illnesses and prescribe medication.
- NO Nurse Practitioner hours during summer semester.
4. Do I need an appointment?
- No. However, appointments are recommended, but walk-ins are welcome. We see patients in the following order: emergencies, appointments, walk-ins.
5. How do I make an appointment?
- Call 271-4495 during office hours or stop by the Health Center, Blum 203.
6. What services are available?
- Call or refer to Services link. All services are confidential.
7. How do I get care after-hours, weekends and holidays?
During hours when the Health Center is closed, students may go to:
- Heartland Urgent Care, 1115 No Belt Highway, (816) 271-7077
- The Clinic at Walmart, 4201 No Belt Highway, (816) 749-4444
- Heartland Regional Medical Center emergency room, 5325 Faraon, (816) 271-6000
Students may also call Heartland Nursing Triage Line at (816) 271-4000 for medical advice.
8. What do I do in case of emergency?
- Dial 911 to request an ambulance
- Dial Campus Police (816) 271-4438 to assist