Non-Degree Seeking Applicants
From MWSU Graduate School Policy Portal
The following policies apply to students who are not seeking a graduate degree and wish to enroll in graduate courses:
- Students with a bachelor’s degree who wish to take courses for graduate credit but who do not intend to seek a master’s degree must submit transcripts from an accredited college or university showing a degree date and a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.75.
- Senior undergraduate students desiring to take courses for graduate credit may take up to six total credit hours of graduate-level courses (500 level only) for graduate credit during only the last two semesters before receiving the bachelor’s degree, provided they meet the following criteria:
- Are within 24 hours or less of meeting the requirements for the baccalaureate degree.
- Have a cumulative undergraduate grade point average of not less than 3.0;
- File an application for graduate admission and receive approval before registering for the graduate course.
- Have the consent of the instructor(s) of the graduate course(s).
- A course taken for undergraduate graduation credit will NOT be allowed to count as graduate credit
- Students with a bachelor’s degree who do not have appropriate program-required courses for admission to graduate work but are otherwise admissible to a graduate program may, with permission of the appropriate graduate program, take as many undergraduate courses as required for a degree-seeking graduate application.
- Students interested in taking in-service/Professional Development courses or Workshops for graduate credit may do so by seeking admission through the Graduate Office. They must show proof of a bachelor’s degree by submitting appropriate academic transcripts. These students are limited to taking certain pre-approved courses.
Please Note: Non-Degree Seeking students are not eligible for financial aid. Please see http://www.missouriwestern.edu/finaid/FederalStudentAidSAP.asp
The paper application for non degree seeking admission is at http://www.missouriwestern.edu/graduate/wiki/index.php?title=Non_Degree_Seeking_Application_Form