From MWSU Graduate School Policy Portal
In order to be eligible for a graduate degree or certificate from MWSU the following criteria must be met:
- Filing of an approved Application for Graduation.
- Satisfactory completion of all required course work as listed on the approved Program of Study.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 in coursework required on the Program of Study. Graduate degree or certificate candidates may earn no more than 6 credits with a grade of C to be counted toward the program.
- Approval of the completed Scholarly Work, as required by the Program of Study. The graduate school must receive the Thesis Completion Form at least two weeks before the end of classes.
- Completion of at least 15 graduate hours for a graduate certificate or 30 graduate hours for a Master's Degree.
All students admitted to a graduate program at MWSU are required to complete their degree requirements within 6 years of first enrollment date following receiving degree-seeking status (or provisional status) for a Masters Degree or in 3 years for a post-baccalaureate certificate program. Time spent in the armed services active duty will not count toward the year limit. For any extension of this time limitation, the student must petition the Graduate Dean by submitting a request to the academic adviser who, in turn, submits a written recommendation to the Graduate Dean that is endorsed by the departmental or area program director of the graduate program. The Graduate Dean will notify the advisor and student in writing of the final decision.
Application For Graduation
You are required to complete an Application for Graduation.