Degree Seeking Applicants
From MWSU Graduate School Policy Portal
To be admitted to graduate studies at MWSU, an applicant should submit an Application for Graduate Admission before the Admissions Deadline.
Admission to graduate programs at MWSU is based upon the following minimum criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university. Transcript(s) must be submitted with application.
- Entrance to Graduate School requires a minimum 2.75 undergraduate grade point average (GPA) or previously earned masters degree.
- A minimum graduate-level entrance exam score, as designated by the department or graduate program.
- Individual programs may have further requirements for admissions such as resume, letters of recommendation, and interview. Requirements specific to the program are given in the graduate program section of the University’s Graduate Catalog.
- Degree-seeking students admitted to a graduate program must enroll and begin classes at MWSU within the next academic year after receiving official notice of acceptance from the Graduate Office. An extension may be granted under extreme circumstances.
- Applicants who are non-native speakers of English must receive a minimum score of 500 paper test, 173 computer-based, or 61 internet-based on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or a 5.5 academic IELTS score unless they possess a baccalaureate degree from a college or university in which instruction is given in English. Tests taken more than two (2) years prior to the date of application cannot be accepted.