Graduate Certificate in Professional SkillsContact
Dr. Ben Caldwell
Who should enroll in this certificate?
The Graduate Certificate in Professional Skills is designed for working professionals who are seeking to advance their careers where a full MBA is not desired or required.
Recent graduates looking to gain a competitive edge in the professional job market .
Persons re-entering the workforce looking to refine professional and technical skills.
Why is it important to develop your professional skills business ?The Graduate Certificate in Professional Skills is designed to allow students to pursue and develop workplace skills that are highly valued by employers.
Graduates will gain and understanding of business fundamentals, economics, project management, and skills-oriented training in communications, statistical analysis, and team work.
The program's professional components are designed to dovetail into present and future career opportunities that will help you gain an advantage in today’s increasingly competitive job market.
The core courses for the MAS include 18 hours of core professional course work:
- MGT 503 Organization Theory (3)
- COM 601 Professional and Organizational Communications (3)
- MKT 605 Marketing Strategy (3)
- ECO 607 Managerial Economics (3)
- MAT 609 Technical Analysis for Decision Making (4)
- MAS 695 Graduate Colloquium (2)
What are the admission requirements?
- Applicants must meet all the requirements for acceptance into the Graduate School
- A minimum 2.75 undergraduate grade point average (GPA).