About the Bio-Manufacturing Program
The Bio-Manufacturing Option in the B.S.
MET program is created to meet the
ever-growing demand of highly educated
workforce by the bio-production and
research companies in the animal health
corridor. Students in the program will
acquire interdisciplinary knowledge in
Organic Chemistry, Microbiology,
Thermodynamics, and other Manufacturing
subjects. B.S. degree graduates in
Bio-Manufacturing qualify for jobs
related to bio-production, packaging,
maintenance, design, and lab scale-up
Program Educational Objectives:
Bio-Manufacturing Option in BS MET
BS-MET Bio-Manufacturing Sample Program
The Bio-Manufacturing Option prepares
- possess basic knowledge in organic chemistry, cell biology and
- familiarize with GMP, as well as governmental regulations related
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze, design, and implement electronic
one or more of the areas related to control systems, instrumentation
communications systems, computer systems, or power systems.
- Function effectively in a group environment in the industrial
workplace through demonstration of technical and communication skills.
- Understand professional, ethical, and social responsibilities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous