Department of Engineering Technology
2009, four industry leaders met to discuss the changing needs of the
engineering technology industry and how best to help Missouri Western to meet them.
The result was the creation of a volunteer-driven industry commitment to
support Missouri Westernís Department of Engineering Technology by assisting with
student recruitment, promotion/endorsement of the department and fund
raising to offset operational and capital needs. The committee represents
four major areas of engineering technology: General Building Construction;
Heavy Construction; Specialty Services (i.e., electrical); and Support
Services (i.e., architects, engineers).
The groupís mission is to provide private industry support to the
Engineering Technology Department at Missouri Western State University (MWSU).
The Advancement Committee will assist MWSUís Engineering Technology
students, faculty, staff, and the community at large in order to promote
careers and educational opportunities in the construction industry through
the following goals:
- Raise funds for scholarships, endowments, specialized equipment, and
general funding for discretionary use by the department
- Provide internship opportunities to current students
- Make guest speakers available to discuss current industry trends and
- Promote construction related careers in NW Missouri
- Provide funding and support for the MWSU Association of General
Contractors student chapter
Message from the Co-Chairs