Installation Instructions for the Macintosh Client
Note: OS-X 10.4 or newer is required to run the client; it will not run on earlier versions of MacOS.
Important: If you have an older version of the GroupWise client
installed, delete it from your
- Click on the client download link on the
- When the download is complete, open the 'Downloads' folder in Finder
and drag the 'GroupWise' application to the
'Applications' folder (authentication as
administrator may be required). You may also
want to drag it to the Dock for easy access.
- Double-click the GroupWise application icon to run it. Confirm that
you want to Open the application.
- The client will prep itself for the first time and run.
- For the first running of the client, you need to configure server
settings so the client can communicate with the
MWSU GroupWise servers... Click 'Cancel' at the
- Enter your username and password where prompted.
In the 'Address:' field, enter
In the 'Port:' field, enter '1677'.
- Click 'OK' to login.
- If you need further assistance, contact the IT Services helpdesk at 271-4555.