Assistant Professor of Art
Director of Sculpture
Art Education Coordinator
Neil Lawley is an Assistant Professor of Art at Missouri Western State University, teaching classes in 3-D Design and Sculpture. He has extensive experience in ceramics, welding, casting, and woodworking. He and his wife have traveled around the world, and lived in Japan for almost four years. Lawley’s personal work is focused on the interrelatedness of things across cultures, languages, and objects. He strives to make visible the connections that are made in the mind.
M.F.A., Southern Methodist University
B..F.A., The University of Texas at Tyler.
Selected Exhibition Record
- “J.Neil Lawley,” 2010, Wellsville, New York
- “Experiencing Perspectives,” 2010, Ft. Worth, Texas
- “FELT,” 2009, Dallas, Texas
- “North American Graduate Art Survey,” 2009, University of Minnesota
- “Global Ambition,” 2008, Dallas, TX
- “College Art Association Regional MFA Exhibition,” 2008, Denton, TX
- “60th Annual Prefectural Juried Exhibition,” 2006, Seta, Shiga, Japan
- “11 from Shiga,” 2006, Otsu, Shiga, Japan
- “Jumbo Escape,” 2005, Otsu, Shiga, Japan