Guidelines for Poster Preparation
Posters should conform to the conventions of the discipline being represented. Each participant will be provided with a 4’ x 4’ board. Your posters must fit within this space, and can be attached with thumbtacks, tape, or velcro. A limited supply of these materials will be available if needed. It would be best, however, to come prepared.
If you would like, you can make a freestanding poster that can sit on a table.
- Prepare a heading that indicates (A) The title of your paper, and (B) the authors (with department affiliation). Letters for headings should be about 1" high (72 point font).
- All projects must include a short abstract that summarizes the project.
- Empirical papers should include the following additional sections (at a minimum): Introduction, Method, Results, Discussion, References.
- Literature reviews should be well organized with section headings.
- All section headings should be about 3/4" high (48 point font).
- Text should be readable from several feet away (16-22 point text is recommended)
- The use of graphs, pictures, color, etc. is encouraged.