Students are expected to read the
regulations and policies in both the
University Catalog and Student Handbook
and to conform to them. The student, not
the University or a member of the
faculty or staff, is primarily
responsible for knowing the regulations
and policies, and for meeting the
requirements for a degree or
certificate. Both the University Catalog
and Student Handbook are on-line. The
following quiz covers the general
education requirements. Do you know why
and what general education classes you
need to enroll in? Please feel free to
have a major form (Go to the MWSU
homepage, click on A-Z Search, click on
“M”, click on Major Minor forms, scroll
down to a major and click on your
- What determines what math class I
- If my math ACT score is less than
_______, I must enroll in Math 081.
- What determines what English class I
- If my English ACT score is less than
______, I must enroll in English 100.
- If my English ACT score is 19 to 25,
I may elected English ______.
- If my English ACT score is 26 or
higher, I may elect English ______.
English 112 is worth 6 credits and
counts for both English 104 and English
- What determines if I need to take
- If my reading ACT score is less than
_____, I must take Reading 095.
- A student must earn a minimum of
_____ credits to graduate.
- Do classes numbered below 100 count
- I want to enroll in Biology 105;
therefore, I need to have all the
___________ course work completed or my
ACT score in English is greater than
____, Math greater than _____, and
Reading greater than _____.
- I want to enroll in Chemistry 111 –
my math score needs to be greater than
- I want to enroll in Physics 107 – my
math score needs to be greater than
- What determines what social science course(s) I need to enroll in?
- How many hours in the social science
area do I need?
- If I am a business major, what
social science courses do I need?
- If I am an elementary education
major, what social science course(s) do
- What classes should a student have
before enrolling in HIS140 or HIS150?
- What determines what humanities course(s) I need to enroll in?
- How many hours in humanities do I
- What class(es) does a business major
need in the humanities category?
- What class(es) does an elementary
education major need in the humanities
- What class(es) does a nursing major
need in the humanities category?
- If a student has ____ or more years
of a foreign language in high school
they CANNOT take FRE____, or GER ____,
or SPA ____. They need to take the
foreign language placement test. Through
this placement test, students may earn
3-12 hours of credit and pay only $75.00
if the student passes the test. There is
no charge for taking the test.
- Does everyone need 4 credits of
- To be considered for the honors
program, a student must have an ACT
composite of _____ or greater and a high
school GPA greater than _____ on a 4.0
- To earn general studies honors, a
student must take _____ general studies
honor courses (18-24 hours), earning an
A or B in each course. Some of these
courses are only offered specific
semesters and _____ credit hours of
Honors Colloquia, earning an A or B in
- Can students transfer in honor
- This section # denotes honor courses
- Honors Colloquium is denoted HON
____ and it is a _____ credit course.
- This Section # denotes internet