Find Your Inner Griffon
Missouri Western's New In-State Tuition Program!
Undergraduate and graduate students who are US citizens from select counties in Illinois, Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska will be admitted to Missouri Western State University under the Griffon Rate and be eligible to pay the equivalent of in-state tuition.
- Counties in Illinois include Adams, Alexander, Calhoun, Hancock, Jackson, Jersey, Madison, Monroe, Pike, Randolph, St. Clair and Union.
- Counties in Iowa include Appanoose, Davis, Decatur, Fremont, Lee, Mills, Montgomery, Page, Pottawattamie, Ringgold, Taylor, Van Buren and Wayne.
- Counties in Kansas include Atchison, Bourbon, Brown, Cherokee, Crawford, Doniphan, Douglas, Jackson, Jefferson, Johnson, Leavenworth, Linn, Miami, Nemaha, Shawnee and Wyandotte.
- Counties in Nebraska include Cass, Douglas, Gage, Johnson, Lancaster, Nemaha, Otoe, Pawnee, Richardson and Sarpy.
Students who qualify for the Griffon Rate
- must comply with the university freshman residency policy;
- are not eligible to receive the Western Frontier, Western Neighboring States or Midwest Student Exchange Scholarships, but are still eligible for all other automatic and competitive scholarships for which they qualify.
If you don't qualify for the Griffon Rate, Missouri Western offers several other scholarships that give the equivalent of in-state tutition or other reductions in cost for out-of-state students. Be sure to check out our Scholarships webpage for more information on the Western Neighboring States, Western Frontier and Midwest Student Exchange Scholarships!