6R2 Reporting Results for Administrative Support Service Processes
Administrative support services accomplished the following:
- Created a seamless online admissions/financial aid application.
- Enhanced the institutional scholarship program by investing more funds into both need- and merit-based awards. Reduced the Stafford loan cohort default rate from 13.7 percent to 5 percent over the last five years.
- Increased Western’s economic impact in 2005 on the region to $161 million, an increase of $22 million since 2002 (Figure
- Completed construction on the 11,860 square foot Fulkerson Center to be used for community training and development in 2005.
- Completed construction on the Residential Suites Commons building and the new Residential Life Living/Learning center in 2005.
- Worked with Barnes and Noble to remodel the campus bookstore in 2004.
- Invested over $300,000 to create a number of student engagement spaces across campus to provide attractive, comfortable, informal areas for students and faculty to gather. Completed renovations to the main floor of the library in Hearnes Center in 2005 that included a coffee bar, soft seating, and wireless connectivity to enhance student engagement.
- Reviewed and updated institutional policies.
- Elected a new health care insurance provider.
- Completed an employee job classification methodology (6I1).
- See Figure 2.3 for results for Banner Gold Institutional Objectives.
- See Figure 2.4 for other results in functional areas.