8R3 Comparing Strategies and Action Plans
Western compares favorably with other AQIP institutions, peer institutions, and Missouri public four-year institutions.
- Western’s strategic planning has been recognized as a “Best Practice” in presentations at the Higher Learning Commission’s annual conference.
- Western's strategic planning appears in AQIP's Innovation Exchange.
- Western’s AQIP Action Projects have been evaluated as successful by AQIP reviewers.
- Western compares well with other Missouri institutions, especially regional institutions and institutions with open access, across a number of comparisons available in the Department of Higher Education’s Annual Statistical Summary.
- Through the Department of Higher Education, Western participates in mission and program review. Through the mission review, institutions demonstrate achieving mission-specific outcomes. Program review assures that Missouri public institutions are meeting state quality expectation. These reviews enable Missouri public institutions to compare themselves with each other.
- Western tracks a number of student and institutional variables in relation to a peer group of institutions selected through the National Center for Higher Education Management Systems (O1).