O5 Faculty and Staff
Western uses national searches and hires highly qualified faculty based on expertise in the discipline, professional experience, and academic background. Faculty and staff development is provided in strategic areas such as applied learning, student engagement, and instructional technology.
- In Fall 2006, Western had 178 full-time and 299 total faculty.
- Eighty-five percent (135) of all full-time,
tenure track faculty had terminal degrees in
- Of the 178 full-time faculty, 39 percent were female and 7 percent were minorities.
- The FTE Student/FTE faculty ratio at
Western was 18:1.
- Western had 480 full-time employees, 278 of whom were full-time staff, and 24 were