May 22, 2013
Executive Director-The Institute for Industrial and Applied Life Sciences (IIALS) invites applications for the position of Executive Director. A direct report to the IIALS Board of Directors, the Executive Director represents the interests of and maintains relationships with IIALS (Institute for Industrial and Applied Life Sciences) stakeholders. This position maintains the “Innovation Center” designation in compliance with MTC/DED (Missouri Technology Corporation/Department of Economic Development); is responsible for all communications, daily operations, opportunity evaluations and general management of the Bond Science and Technology Incubator (STI); as well as oversight of the STI budget and financial transactions while serving as the liaison with STI tenants and their representatives.
The Institute for Industrial and Applied Life Sciences Institute (IIALS), a non-profit 501 (c) 3, was established by Missouri Western State University and the St. Joseph Metro Chamber of Commerce, in cooperation with the city of St. Joseph, Buchanan County and local life sciences companies. This Institute serves as an applied research and training center for agricultural science, animal nutrition and veterinary pharmaceutical development.
The IIALS is located on the campus of Missouri Western State University, a fully accredited, comprehensive higher education institution. MWSU has a growing, vibrant, and diverse student body of approximately 6,300. The university is located on 723 beautiful acres in St. Joseph, Missouri, just 35 minutes north of Kansas City International Airport.
- Undergraduate degree in science and/or technical field with business management experience, advanced degree in science and/or technical field is preferred; grant management and accounting experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite) and proficiency in accounting and report preparation required;
- Candidate must possess excellent oral & written communication skills; organizational skills and public presentation experience;
- Technology transfer and supervisory experience preferred;
- Entrepreneurial insights and skills essential;
- Residence in Buchanan County is preferred.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants must send a cover letter addressing position qualifications, resume, and contact information (name, title, address, telephone numbers & email address) for at least 5 references to: email@example.com. For priority consideration, applications should be received by November 11, 2012; however, applications will continue to be considered until position is filled. Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the U.S., as well as a thorough background check. http://www.wi.missouriwestern.edu/Incubator/default.asp. AA/EOE
Dean, Craig School of Business
Missouri Western State University (MWSU) seeks an innovative and energetic applicant for an exciting opportunity to lead the Steven L. Craig School of Business (CSB) with an appointment as Dean. We seek a visionary and dynamic leader with the knowledge and experience to lead this growing school of business.
Craig School of Business: CSB is the largest academic unit at MWSU with 17 highly qualified full-time faculty members and approximately 800 students seeking BSBA degrees with majors in finance, accounting, management and marketing. The School is accredited by the AACSB International and offers a unique focus on entrepreneurship. A Center for Entrepreneurship is in the process of development, and a new minor in entrepreneurship for all majors will be offered. All graduates are required to complete an applied learning experience, where academic knowledge is applied in actual business settings.
Through the support of Missouri Western’s largest contributor, Steven L. Craig, the Craig School of Business has developed a highly successful entrepreneurship program that includes a competition that culminates in graduates owning their own businesses. Specifically, Missouri Western State University has developed a one-of-a-kind partnership with the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Inc. that has resulted in a franchise ownership opportunity for 14 recent graduates and alums. Additional partnerships are being developed to offer expanded opportunities for students and graduates of the CSB.
The Dean of the CSB is a member of the Dean’s Council and reports directly to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Serves as the academic and administrative officer of the School
- Oversees AACSB accreditation maintenance activities
- Manages School faculty and staff
- Oversees recruiting, scheduling, and staffing
- Creates and maintains successful partnerships with individuals, businesses, and institutions regionally, nationally and internationally to fulfill the CSB mission
- Represents the CSB on regional boards, committees and community organizations
- Oversees curriculum development
- Collaborates effectively with the higher education community
- Leads the individual and collective components of the CSB
- Collaborates with MWSU Advancement team to increase donor support for the CSB
- Earned doctorate in one of the academic disciplines represented in the CSB or comparable combination of education and extensive business experience
- Three years of successful academic administrative experience with demonstrated budgetary and leadership skills
- AACSB International accreditation experience preferred
- Strong commitment to teaching excellence
- Communication skills necessary to promote the school’s mission both internally and externally
- Ability to form strong partnerships with alumni; regional, national, and international businesses; and the community
- Demonstrated ability to foster a positive and collegial environment through a collaborative leadership style
- Ability to provide leadership in advancing the goals of the school and university
- Experience in and commitment to fundraising
Salary for this position will range up to $150,000 and will be based on education and experience of the candidate.
Missouri Western State University: MWSU is a model for the new American regional university with nearly a century of history, a student population of more than 6,000 and well over 19,000 engaged alumni. This picturesque university sits on 723 beautiful acres just 35 minutes north of Kansas City International Airport. Eighty-two percent of University faculty members hold the highest degree in their field. Missouri Western offers a full array of intercollegiate athletics and is the summer home of the Kansas City Chiefs football team.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should send a cover letter addressing position qualifications, curriculum vitae, and contact information (name, title, address, phone number and email address) for five references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Employment is contingent upon documentation of the legal right to work in the U.S.
The review of applications will begin June 3, 2013, and will continue until the position is filled.
FOUNDING DEAN, SCHOOL OF FINE ARTS
Missouri Western State University is seeking nominations and applications for the position of Founding Dean for the newly created School of Fine Arts. This is an exciting time in the development of the university and in the Fine Arts programs. Enrollment in programs within the School is growing and the quality of student and faculty work is at an all-time high. The School is very active and annually produces a wide range of events including gallery shows, art exhibits, opera, musical theater, vocal and instrumental music concerts, theatrical performances, film festivals, and lectures. The Missouri Western Arts Society includes about 250 members who actively support arts programs and events at the university.
With about 25 full-time faculty members, the School of Fine Arts offers a range of undergraduate programs in art, music, theater, cinema and dance, including a Master of Applied Arts program in Digital Arts. The Dean reports to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs, serves on the Deans Council, and is responsible for visionary, innovative leadership and effective administration of the School.
The Founding Dean of the School of Fine Arts advances the mission of the School and the University. The Dean works with faculty and staff in advancing the profile and position of the School; in pursuing collaborations with local, state or national agencies and institutions; and in continuous quality improvement of the School’s programs including expanding productions in both visual and performing arts. The Dean is responsible for raising funds from sources external to the university in coordination with University Advancement and the President.
Required Qualifications of the Founding Dean:
- Earned terminal degree in a related field
- Record of excellence in leadership, teaching, and scholarship or creative activity
- Record that demonstrates engagement with disciplines in the School of Fine Arts
- Demonstrated commitment to faculty engagement and success
- Demonstrated commitment to student engagement and success
- Record of administrative experiences in a university or college setting; including management of budgets, personnel, and curriculum
- Demonstrated ability to foster interdisciplinary, intercollegiate, and community partnerships and programs to advance school and university goals
- Excellent analytical, written, presentational and interpersonal communication skills that are adaptable to a diverse range of audiences
Desired Qualifications of the Founding Dean:
- Demonstrated fund-raising ability
- Demonstrated ability to form collaborative relationships with faculty in an atmosphere of shared governance
APPLICATION: Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information (name, title, address, phone number and email address) for five references to: email@example.com. Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the U.S. The preferred start date would be July 1, 2013. Review of applications will begin May 1, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled. AA/EOE
CHIEF ACCOUNTANT/DIRECTOR OF PURCHASING- Missouri Western State University invites applications for the position of Chief Accountant/Director of Purchasing. The primary responsibilities of this position include supervising the accounting and purchasing departments, preparation and analysis of monthly and annual financial statements, federal reports and preparation and analysis of major bids, maintaining the accounting administrative computer system, developing and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures in accordance with State of Mo statutes. REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, minimum of three years’ experience in governmental accounting, and knowledge of accounting principles, proven track record of Excel spread sheeting skills and analysis, and supervisory experience. Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the U.S. Qualified applicants must submit a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references electronically only to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applicants will begin immediately. For priority consideration please submit materials by May 10th, 2013. AA/EOE
ASSOCIATE DEAN OF ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT/DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS - Responsible for developing plans to successfully recruit, register, and orient new students; supervising staff and other personnel; administering budgets; and marketing of the University with the long-term strategic plan to build a clear image of the advantages of Missouri Western’s educational qualities and unique differences in relation to competitive institutions. REQUIRED: Masters Degree in management, communications, marketing or related field; five years of University recruitment, admission, and enrollment management experience; leadership experience in supervisory and managerial roles related to enrollment management; ability to analyze and interpret enrollment and retention data, ability to supervise staff and provide leadership in recruitment and retention initiatives. PREFERRED: Strong time management and communication skills, and experience recruiting international students. Qualified applicants must submit: 1) a letter of interest, 2) vita, 3) unofficial transcripts from degree-granting institutions attended, 4) one-page statement of enrollment management philosophy, and 5) contact information of at least three professional references ELECTRONICALLY to: email@example.com. Review of applicants begins immediately and continues until position is filled. AA/EOE